This sorbet is very easy to make and has the perfect creamy (in a fruity kind of way) texture that is beautiful in this kind of dessert. So many home made sorbets are hard and icy – this one is not! I think it’s the bananas, their texture really seems to be the magic ingredient.
All you need is some pre-frozen bananas and other fruits on hand, and a blender. Here’s what I used:
- 2 frozen bananas, cut into pieces
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar (you can leave this out if preferred)
- 3 tablespoons soy or other non-dairy milk (don’t need this either probably)
Optional – lemon juice could also be added, but may then need more sugar to balance.
Place everything in a blender and whiz until smooth and creamy. It should be like a gooey fruity slushy. Then put it into a container in the freezer for a few hours to firm, or tuck in straight away.
Other ideas that would work well too:
- Banana with chocolate
- Banana and mango
- Mango and lychee
- Peach and raspberry (‘Peach Melba’ inspired)
- Tofu vanilla?
- Maple and walnut (with a banana/silken tofu base)