I really like savoury breakfasts, this is one of my regulars:
- 2 slices of sourdough (or the best bread you can get your hands on)
- a thin spread of Vegemite (or Promite, Marmite, MightyMite – whatever ‘mite’ you like)
- a generous spread of avocado
- a bit of a spread of home made vegan mayo (Bryanna Clark Grogan’s no fat recipe is the best)
- a good sprinkle of ground flax seeds, for the Omega 3’s (also known as linseed)
- chopped tomatoes (these ones I found growing wild in an alley down the end of our street, must have escaped from somebody’s vegie patch)
- fresh cracked black pepper.
It’s a pretty good way to start the day.
- Easy and best no knead sourdough (greengoodsarchive.wordpress.com)
- The Vegemite challenge: Vegemite and avocado on toast (anastasiafontaine.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Food Fridays: Vegemite (migratorymiles.wordpress.com)